Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Happy Anniversary to ME!
It's that time again, blog birfday/anniversary time! The Cavalcade turns two today! Another year of blogging and friends and weirdness and good stuff all around. I hate (New Year's) Resolutions (I resolve to remain AWESOME), but hopefully I'll have some good stuff in store for year number three and vow to keep it weird and wonderful, as always.
Let's recap. Some filmic highlights from last year include:
1. A summer of decent horror on the big screen. I love going to the movies and we went a LOT over the summer. I'm not saying THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE or PREDATORS are on my next top ten list, but they kept us in our seats and we weren't bored.
2. Seeing SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT on a big screen, with an audience, MST style. Very cool, indeed, although there was one guy in the audience that didn't get it, and told the guys with the microphones to 'shut the FUCK UP! I'm trying to watch the FUCKING movie!' There was some shuffling and then he was expelled from the theatre. This was almost as entertaining as the jokes.
3. Crispin Glover on tour with his film, WHAT IS IT? A surreal experience and one I've wanted to experience for a decade. Crispin came to Richmond, read from some of his found object books and screened the film. Freakin' fantastic.
4. The Paul Naschy blog-a-thon. Such an excellent outpouring of all things Naschy from all over the blog-i-verse. I had no idea so many people loved Paul. It brings tears to the eyes.
5. Snow days, last January and this December, and plenty of movie marathons as a result.
I'm sure there's more, but I've only been awake twenty minutes and only had one coffee, so if I think of anything else, I'll let you know :) Here's to another great year and hoping everyone's holidays are going well. Almost over! Then we can put away the black tree and the rat nativity and go back to being miserable for some other reason ;P