Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Anniversary to ME!


It's that time again, blog birfday/anniversary time! The Cavalcade turns two today! Another year of blogging and friends and weirdness and good stuff all around. I hate (New Year's) Resolutions (I resolve to remain AWESOME), but hopefully I'll have some good stuff in store for year number three and vow to keep it weird and wonderful, as always.

Let's recap. Some filmic highlights from last year include:

1. A summer of decent horror on the big screen. I love going to the movies and we went a LOT over the summer. I'm not saying THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE or PREDATORS are on my next top ten list, but they kept us in our seats and we weren't bored.

2. Seeing SILENT NIGHT, DEADLY NIGHT on a big screen, with an audience, MST style. Very cool, indeed, although there was one guy in the audience that didn't get it, and told the guys with the microphones to 'shut the FUCK UP! I'm trying to watch the FUCKING movie!' There was some shuffling and then he was expelled from the theatre. This was almost as entertaining as the jokes.

3. Crispin Glover on tour with his film, WHAT IS IT? A surreal experience and one I've wanted to experience for a decade. Crispin came to Richmond, read from some of his found object books and screened the film. Freakin' fantastic.

4. The Paul Naschy blog-a-thon. Such an excellent outpouring of all things Naschy from all over the blog-i-verse. I had no idea so many people loved Paul. It brings tears to the eyes.

5. Snow days, last January and this December, and plenty of movie marathons as a result.

I'm sure there's more, but I've only been awake twenty minutes and only had one coffee, so if I think of anything else, I'll let you know :) Here's to another great year and hoping everyone's holidays are going well. Almost over! Then we can put away the black tree and the rat nativity and go back to being miserable for some other reason ;P

Love you!

16 comments:

  1. Happy Blogday, Jenn!

    Hadn't heard of Glover's WHAT IS IT?, but it's fascinating. Do you have a link to any future tour dates?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you have a rat Nativity! We were going to have ratty cake toppers for our wedding, but it never came to be due to various sourcing issues.

    Congrates on a great two years and here's to year three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @SK. I do not, but you could probably search for his tour dates online. I think he's in the midst of one now. Check it in a city near you; it's worth it!

    @Elwood. I do have a Rat Nativity, with a Rat Baby Jesus and a Rat Mary and a Rat Joseph. The Wise Men are all stuffed animals. It's pretty cool. My mom bought it for me. Hope you are doing well! Looking forward to year three!

    @Bill. Thanks, yo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jervaise brooke hamsterDecember 31, 2010 at 6:28 AM

    Happy anniversary Jenn, this is one of the best horror movie reveiw sites on the entire web, heres to another 20 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BAM, 2 years in the can, yo! I celebrated by buying Barn of the Naked Dead, should be reviewing it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed- It really wasn't a bad summer on the screen as horror goes. I didn't make it out as much as I would have liked, and I'm beyond fried on remakes,but there was still enough out there to reward sitting through a few misfires.

    Congrats on the anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep up the good work!!
    Here's to another blogtastic year

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Carl. Lemme know what you think. Andrew Prine is amazing! We should have a Prine-a-thon.

    @Bleaux. I agree. We went to the movies a lot and it wasn't all that bad. Except when I fell asleep to the NIGHTMARE remake, but that was the only downfall, really. And thanks!

    @LJ.Thanks and keep following. Lots of good stuff for '11!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy anniversary! Somehow I don't think you'll have any trouble living up to your sole resolution. You're already doing it, baby! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenn, Happy Birthday and Happy New Year.

    I love your blog and its deliciously subversive spirit (which, I assume, is your spirit, anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks, Phantom, and back at ya! I will vow to keep things as subversive as possible. With that, I leave you all to watch THE NUDE VAMPIRE in honor of Jean Rollin's passing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Belated wishes for the start of happiest second year any blogger ever had, Jenn!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy (belated) blogday, Jenn. Long may you continue. You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belated birthdayversary wishes, Jenn! And bestest wishes for 2011! :o)

    ReplyDelete