Friday, February 18, 2011
Reasons Why Waxwork is Great
1. It has a dwarf. While he's not quite as sinful as the Sinful Dwarf, he's still a creepy ass dwarf. And he reminds me a bit of Hans from FREAKs.
2. It has Miles O'Keefe. How much O'Keefe is in this movie? Miles O'Keefe. And he's a Dracula. The least sexy Dracula of all, yet still a Dracula.
3. It has the words 'steak tar tar' in it. What other horror movie do you know of that has a reference to steak tar tar? Please let me know.
4. It's like five movies in one. Dracula, Mummy, Zombie, Marquis de Sade (?), Werewolf, it's got it all. Soooooo goood.
5. It's eighties as hell. And it has the lead from GREMLINS, Zack whatever his name is.
6. There's an old dude in a wheelchair that loves all things occult and has been waiting for the day when the waxwork claims all it's victims so there can be an uprising of epic proportions that includes a butler and lots of flame-throwing devices so the world doesn't get taken over by history's most notorious villains, fictional or no!
7. It features a fucking wax museum. Remind me to tell you the story where I needed to pee when I was in Mexico and ended up in a creepy-as-fuck wax museum, complete with scenes straight out of this movie. Most unsettling.
8. Anthony Hickox directed this shit. Remember him from HELLRAISER III? (And WAXWORK 2 is on the TV in HR3 when he gets a phone call in the middle of the night). Also remember him because he's an important director and shit. I like that he has a beard. And casts himself in his own movies.
WAXWORK is great for a lot of reasons and I only touched on them here. Feel free to expound in the comments, dubiously.