Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Punk Rock and Devil Locks and Beers

We saw The Misfits last night! So fun. Yes, they've been more brand than band for the last decade or so and Jerry should probably hang up the devil lock for good, but I don't care! I rocked it out! AND I wore a Misfits sweatshirt to the show. I'm in my thirties and I can be that guy if I want to. Punk rock show, drinking beer, hanging out with Sam. Last night could be a contender for THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE, of which I have many.

6 comments:

  1. You can totally be "that guy" at a Misfits show. I think I've worn a Misfits or Samhain shirt to every Misfits show I've been to. You're probably right though, Jerry needs to hang up the spikes and shave off the devil lock. Danzig and Doyle playing Misfits songs was way better than the Misfits can ever be without Glenn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you, and jealous! I would see the Misfits if they came through my town, in whatever configuration.

    And btw, happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good time then as well. I know you rocked it, like you always do. :D

    Love, The Vicar

    ReplyDelete
  3. "THE BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE, of which I have many.": a happy person you are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right! Sounds like a fun night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Astro, you know that's right!

    Anthony, I don't think there was a soul there that DIDN'T have on a Misfits shirt! There was even a mom there with her fourteen year old son and they were wearing matching shirts!

    Vicar, thank you for the birthday wishes! I had a very rockin' October. The whole month was pretty spectacular!

    And I will always go see the Misfits, in whatever lineup until one of us dies first :)

    Abdul, I can get grumpy sometimes :) But I try to always have the fun.

    ReplyDelete