Friday, October 8, 2010

New Addition!



Meet the newest addition to our family! I would love to formally introduce her, but Sam and I can't decide on a name. She's a kitler, so I was thinking Eva, but it might be unwise to name her after Hitler's lady. Secondly, I was thinking about Glenn, after Danzig, but also after the Ed Wood title GLEN OR GLENDA. But Glenn isn't really sticking. Then there's Lily, like Lily Munster, but Sam doesn't like that at all. Bruce's cats are named Lydia and Leona, which I like a LOT, but his cats are already named that. And while I suggested Adrienne and Linnea after two of my favorite scream queens, Sam's not sold. We can't agree on anything! Help me out, guys!

She was named Shioban when we got her this morning, but that isn't 'horror' enough! She deserves a 'horror' name, or a 'punk' name! I know, I have a Moochie, which is neither, but then, he's totally a Moochie.

Thanks for your help!

10 comments:

  1. How about "PENELOPE" after "Penelope Sudrow", if you remember she was Freddys T.V. victim in part 3, it was a perfect "Field of Dreams" mo-girl-t (as it were) and maybe your new cat would prefer to be named after someone who had one perfect mo-girl-t rather than a character or actor/actress who had a lifetime of relative cinematic mediocrity without that one mo-girl-t of true perfection and magic (so to speak).

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a wee cutie. How about Morella? Ligeia? POE??! No, no, I know: Merlot!

    Oh, I'm rubbish at this. Good luck finding a suitable name! I reckon you'll know it when you hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James! Thanks for the suggestions! We decided to call her Soap-sud. It's kinda weird, but fitting. I love her to death. Thanks for stopping by and awesome that you got a review in Rue Morgue!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOOZZZZZZZZ! She is a cutie...6 kitties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so good! She's still a little hidey under the bed, but each day she progresses more and more. Six isn't as many as seven! Wait until our Boston terrier gets here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking Bad Sheila, but Soap-Sud is good, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Bostons are very cute. My friends is crazy, but you can't help loving him b/c he gives you that "OH HAI, WUZ I DOIN SOMETHIN CRAZY? IM CUTE RITE?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soapsud...funny. we adopted a Bombay at the very begining of October and had a devil of a time naming him. We took days narrowing it down. I really wanted "Pluto," referencing the cat in Poe's short story. My wife wanted something magical like "Mystery." We were close to naming him "Vincent," then settled on "Smudge." Yet based on his appetite he will be refered to as "Pudgey Smudgey." Hope everything goes well with your newest adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much! Soap Sud is my little baby! She can't focus and she runs all over the place, but she will come when you call her! Bombays are amazing looking! I bet Smudge is a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete