Saturday night, pumpkin muffins, Saturday night. What a fucking day it was - I hate people. I really need a new job. Really so I can get my hands and my neck tattooed more than anything else, but seriously, sometimes I really hate bringing people food and dealing with their bullshit.
So, in the last few days I've been bored at work and suffering from insomnia so I came up with a stupid list of random loves.
1. I love it in a movie when someone shoots all the bullets out of their gun and then chucks the gun at the person(s) they are so inept they can't hit. I know this definitely happens in MITCHELL and it's basically a trope of the 70's. You don't often see it today - although I don't really watch modern movies, so maybe I wouldn't know.
2. I have never seen APOCALYPSE NOW. Never once. But I woke up this morning with quotes in my head from this, a movie that I have never seen - and decided I love cultural osmosis.
3. I love in a movie, usually a holiday themed horror, when someone says, 'Merry fucking Christmas' or 'Happy fucking Valentines Day'. 'Fuck you, Arbor Day.' Damn you to hell, Flag Day!' I love shit like this. You know lines like these are only uttered when some shit has hit the fan and a lot of people have gotten the bejesus stabbed out of the
m. These lines are particularly uttered by cops and/or detectives.
4. John Saxon is the shit! I don't know if he's ever utter a line like the ones described in number 3, but if he did and it was brought to my attention, I think I would have to stop living right now.
5. Rubber suit monsters are awesome and I don't just mean Gozilla. Have you people seen the end of GHOULIES II? If you haven't, you need to. There's a giant rubber suit Ghoulie monster and he's gonna get you. He might get you tomorrow, but he's gonna get you.
6. I always enjoy a good subtle homage or tribute to a Universal classic. Or not so subtle. Seriously, the only thing that really saved BRIDE OF CHUCKY for me was when Jennifer Tilly's in the bathtub and the TV falls in there and BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN is on. That's good stuff.
I don't know what else. The buzz is seriously kicking in and I have places to be. Well, not really, but I'd like to think that I do. And no drunky post is complete without a picture, so here's Robert Deniro with her morning brew. She likes to get the coffee ready for when I get up. And yes, I have a female cat named Robert Deniro.