Monday, March 30, 2009

Up From the Depths



Check out this sweeeeet tape I just scored on ebay. I have never heard of this title, it isn't one I remember from the video store, but the cover is just so freakin' awesome, I payed 9.75 for it. I normally don't like to pay over two dollars for a movie but the art on this puppy warranted it. I cannot wait to get this one in the mail. I've got my eye on a couple of other sweet pieces, and I drunkenly bid on some others. Yippee!

In other news, I had a really weird dream last night that involved Christmas being moved to March and no one bothering to tell me. I wasn't aware of it until I was driving home and everyone in my neighborhood was putting up their plastic santas and reindeer and lights. I was baffled, but decided to go along with it and went home and put up my tree. Then I woke up and started thinking about this movie I saw on cable back when I still lived at my mom's house like over a decade ago. It was called Campfire Tales and from what I can remember, it was one of those frame type story flicks, where some teens are all like let's tell each other scary stories and each story plays out in the movie. And I was thinking about one particular story within that movie about a psycho that breaks into this house and there's a little girl and the little girl has a puppy and whenever she gets ready to go to sleep, she dangles her hand off the bed and the puppy licks her hand. But then this crazy man breaks in unbeknownst to the girl and all I can remember is basically the girl puts her hand down because she's getting ready to go to sleep and the crazy dude is under her bed and he starts licking her hand. I'm getting a creepy feeling just talking about it. It's all I really remember about the movie and then I remember telling my brother how fucking scary that scene was and he watched it because it was coming on tv again like the next night and basically laughed at me because the shit wasn't really scary at all, I had just talked it up to be really scary.

So I started thinking about that last night after my weird Christmas dream and then I couldn't go back to sleep and I realized my arm was hanging off the bed and I quickly tucked it back up under the covers because I don't want some crazy man licking my hand, you know. And then I couldn't get back to sleep. It was like four in the morning and I couldn't get that image out of my head. I know the movie is kinda hokey and not really at all scary, but I've built it up over the years and it's much more terrifying the way I remember it. I'm absolutely delirious right now too, from lack of sleep and drinking mimosas ALL day yesterday. So now the whole thing is really bothering me. Damn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment