Tuesday, December 1, 2009

RIP Paul Naschy


I mean this sincerely when I say there is great sadness in my heart today because Paul Naschy is no longer with us. For those of you long time readers, you know how much I have a heart on for the Mighty Molina, often referring to him as my boyfriend. Most films in my opinion could be easily improved with even just a cameo appearance by the man. He was a cinematic force to be reckoned with and I love every moment I see him on screen. I am not lying when I say there are tears in my eyes as I type this. Good thing I have fuck all to do today - I'm gonna grab some tempranillo or maybe even some tequila (something appropriately Spanish) and get busy with a Naschy-movie-a-thon. RIP Paul, we'll miss you! 1934-2009

7 comments:

  1. Agreed -- a sad day for film aficionados everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know how much Naschy means to me, so I too was blindsided by this sad news this morning. What an inspiration--what a life! Let us celebrate the joy he brought to us all, even as we mourn. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad news indeed... someone who obviously loved the genre he worked in and could dazzle with some sincerely excellent moments - he will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is indeed a big-time downer. Naschy was a mighty horror icon & practically his own film genre.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had the misfortune of finding out about an hour ago.. A little piece of all of us dies with him, but at least he left us a legacy of film that will live on forever

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of all the touching tributes today, yours was probably my favorite. Short and personal but also very true. Preach it, sister.

    His enthusiasm for the genre will live on through his films.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, everyone for their kind words. Last night, I did what I supposed to - got very drunk on Spanish wine and watched the Werewolf vs. the Yeti.

    ReplyDelete